JPEGCrops isn't the only program that offer comfortable cropping. You might find one of the programs on this page more to your taste.
- Lossless, freeware for cropping and rotating, $20 shareware for other functions, english and german language. The format can be specified by the user. cPicture can do a lot more than just cropping.
- Lossless, nearly lossles red-eye removal and caption insertion. English language, shareware $23.95
- Lossy, $15, english language only. Requires that the images are in the aspect 4:3, only converts to 3:2 and gives limited control of the crop area.
- EasyCrop (OSX)
- Lossy, shareware $12, english language only. Drag'n'drop interface that seems very easy to use.
- Lossy, freeware, english language only. Add-on for Paint Shop Pro.
- Lossless, freeware, czech and english language. Source code for Delphi provided. The choice of formats is limited til 3:2 and 4:3.
- Lossless, freeware, english language. JPEGCrop was the inspiration for JPEGCrops and made by the man who wrote most of the code for JPEGTran.
- ljcrop (Unix)
- Simple frontend for JPEGTran, english only, freeware, open source Tcl.
- Lossless, freeware, german language only. The choice of formats is limited to 9x13, 10x15, 13x18 and 20x30 cm.
- Lossless, freeware, english and german. PixumUp is a combination image manipulator and uploader for the Pixum online print service. It only crops to 3:2.
Please tell me if I've missed your favorite cropping program.
- Artistic Cropping with Paint Shop Pro
- A small tutorial on cropping using Paint Shop Pro along with some rules of thumb for compositioning.
Reviews of JPEGCrops