An exercise in nastyness
Boring aliens are aliens, that...
- Follow the same pattern every time
- Differ only in the way they look
- Are unaware of the player
- Rely on more shots or greater speed, in order to be more dangerous
Naturally, one of the main points in Rotocawa is to change all that.
A mode is a state, that is maintained for some time. * means that this is implemented.
- Attracts its enemies, if they are close enough
- The enemy cloacks
- Positioned relatively to another object. If the object dies, so does the daughter.
- Flees away from the nearest enemy
- The alien generates a new alien
- The alien grow in level
- The alien does not loose energy
- Steals energy, when it is very close to the enemy
- The alien cannot shoot (usually a result of Disruption)
- Pushes its enemies, if they are close enough
- Changes course now & then
- The alien regenerates it's energy
- Used with daughter, rotates around its mother
- Homes in on its enemy
- Never changes it's position
- Two aliens are connected with a wire. If the player hits the wire - big trouble
A behaviour is a set of modes and actions, that the alien changes between, when specific events occur.
- If the enemy has it's back turned, it seeks. If not, it flees.
- Seeks until close, then flees
- Random until close, then flees until far away
- Seeks until close, then flies random until far
- The alien seeks aliens of its own kind, homes in, then fly in the same direction as the nearest alien in front of it.
- Seeks until close, then fly straight
An action is what happens, when an event occurs.
- Cuts off the engine power of its enemies
- When the enemy is hit, it fires back
- When two aliens meet, they produce a third
- Cuts off the enemies weapons
- Steals credits, when it it is very close to the enemy
- The alien teleports, when energy is low. Teleporting brings the object to an unoccupied part of the playing-field, makes it pacifist and invulnerable for 2 seconds, then returns its state to notmal
- When energy is low or some time os spend, the alien transforms into another alien
Maintained by Toke Eskildsen
Last changed 29. nov 1999